Two fun recipes for your Air Fryer
Air fryers are a smart and healthy way of frying and cooking your food. They use the most minimum oil possible to fry any food item or dish. An air fryer mainly uses hot circulated air and a few drops of oil to fry your desired food item. Recently I came across two fun and simple dishes that you can prepare using an air fryer. Both dishes use minimum oil to fry and are very healthy for you. Make sure you choose the one of the best air fryer in the market for your need. I picked a GoWise air fryer which is serving me really well. So without any further ado, here are the two recipes.
- Korean Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- 1 egg
- 10 chicken wings, with their tips removed (each wing cut into two pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 35g flour
- 35g cornstarch or potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon frying oil
- 125ml water
- 7cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (160g) light corn syrup
- 35g roasted peanuts very coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Mix starch, flour, egg salt and a teaspoon of ground chili in a large bowl until it takes a paste form.
- Add the wings and mix them in the mixture with your hands. Make sure all wings are evenly coated.
- Put the marinated wings into the air fryer. Sprinkle them with a bit of oil. Close the lid and cook for around 35 minutes. Soon they will become brown and crispy.
- Add some ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and corn syrup to water and boil it. The mixture will become thick and syrup like.
- Now add the cooked wings and some sesame seeds, peanuts and chili flakes. Stir them gently until all wings are coated evenly.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 or 2 whole sweet potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut or sunflower oil.
- A cup of Aioli.
- Preheat your air fryer to 200 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into thick stick shaped pieces.
- Sprinkle or drizzle on a teaspoon of coconut oil on the sweet potato slices.
- Check if the air fryer is ready and then put them in the air fryer basket. And close it.
- Set the timer for 9 minutes of frying or cooking.
- After 9 minutes your potatoes will turn a brownish red color which means they are now crispy and finely fried.
- Add a pinch of salt on top of the fries and toss gently.
- Serve the sweet potato fries with as side of aioli in a cup.
So here are two healthy and oil free dishes you can easily cook in any air fryer. Hope you have fun cooking these two dishes. We’ll make sure we share more fun dishes like this in the future. Happy cooking and frying!!