Exceptional tips for bedroom decoration
For many people, the bedroom is the most cherished room in the home. It’s a place where you can do just about everything besides cooking—study, eat, play, watch movies, read books, and of course sleep. It’s the space where you can relax and enjoy some quiet “me time” to recharge your batteries. It’s ultimately a personal sanctuary, which is something that every single person on earth needs.
This is why bedroom décor is so important for creating the perfect personal space. While the other rooms of your house can have a more general theme or concept, your bedroom is the space where you can really let your personality shine. Within this space, you want to feel comfortable, cozy, refreshed, excited, and contemplative. In order to capture all of these qualities, you may have to put in a little TLC to your bedroom decorating. Here are some general tips that will help you create a bedroom just for you.
- Rugs. Rugs not only add a decorative touch to your bedroom, they also provide warmth for feet in cases of cold floors. Fluffy rugs placed directly beside and in front of your bed will be especially comforting when you wake up and feel of my feet sink into them. A shorter haired, multicolored rug might be a good choice if you’re into funky designs and still want to keep your feet warm. If you’re more into natural decor, a bamboo rug may be a great piece that adds a little extra natural ambience.
- A new mattress. Many people think that you can own the same mattress with decades, but the truth is that this is actually really bad for you. An old, uncomfortable mattress can cause sleep deprivation, back and neck pain, and general discomfort. They’re also a haven for dust mites, which might trigger someone with allergies. Investing in a new mattress doesn’t have to be a time-consuming and mentally exhausting affair. For example, the bed-in-a-box mattress ships right to your door and unfolds out of the box with ease. Convenient and comfy—what else do you need?
- A mirror and/or dressing table: Mirrors are the simplest way to add space and dimension your room. Place a mirror strategically so it reflects a natural light source, making your bedroom appear brighter and wider. In addition to decorative mirrors, get one attached to a dressing table for practical use! And don’t forget that a full length mirror is a must-have before going outside to start your day.
- A bookshelf: “Collect books, even if you don’t plan on reading them right away. Nothing is more important than an unread library”, said filmmaker John Waters. If you’re an avid reader, a nice bookshelf is the perfect way to display your collection! It’s also a great decorative addition—everyone loves to browse a good bookshelf. Place candles, picture frames, and other nic-nacs on any empty space and you’ll have a bookshelf ready to be shown off!
- Curtains and Pillows: For a great bedroom design, these two elements have to complement each other. Choosing the right colors can be tricky, so make sure to get a double or triple opinion before purchasing any fabrics. After figuring out the bolder elements, small throw pillows are a festive way to add life and pops of color to your bedroom.
That’s it for our tips on exceptional bedroom décor! If you have any other ideas, feel free to share with us in the comment section Have fun and happy decorating!